Holger Kersten is a Professor at the Institute of Experimental and Applied Physics at University of Kiel, Germany since 2006. Prior Professor Kersten was the head of the plasma processes group at the Leibniz Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (INP Greifswald) in Greifswald, Germany. The focus of his research includes basic studies and diagnostics on the interaction of plasmas with surfaces, complex plasmas and their applications in plasma technology. In 1999, he received the Greifswald Plasma Physics Prize in recognition of his research. Professor Kersten was furthermore the president of the German Society for Plasma Technology from 2009 to 2013. He is currently the Editor-in-Chief of the European Physical Journal D (EPJD).
- Kersten, H., Deutsch, H., Steffen, H., Kroesen, G.M.W., Hippler, R., The energy balance at substrate surfaces during plasma processing, Vacuum 63(2001), 385. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0042-207X(01)00350-5)
- Maurer, H., Kersten, H., On the heating of nano- and micro-particles in process plasmas, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 44(2011), 174029. (doi:10.1088/0022-3727/44/17/174029)
- Bornholdt, S., Kersten, H., Transient calorimetric diagnostics for plasma processing, Eur. Phys. J. D 67(2013), 176-187. (doi:10.1140/epjd/e2013-40146-8)
- Trottenberg, T., Richter, T., Kersten, H., Measurement of the force exerted on the surface of an object immersed in a plasma, Eur. Phys. J. D 69(2015), 91. (doi: 10.1140/epjd/e2015-50743-2)
- Hinz, A., von Wahl, E., Faupel, F. Strunskus, T., Kersten, H., Nanoparticle forming reactive plasmas: A multidiagnostic approach, Eur. Phys. J. D 72(2018), 91. (doi: 10.1140/epjd/e2017-80372-6)
- Gauter, S., Haase, F., Kersten, H., Experimental unraveling the energy flux originating from a DC magnetron sputtering source, Thin Solid Films 669(2019), 8-18. (doi: 10.1016/j.tsf.2018.10.021)